MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multi-Pass Render no estimated time of completion

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Smith
Multi-Pass Render no estimated time of completion
on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:28:01 pm

Hello,

I am rendering 153 frames with GI and AO, I started the render 8 hrs ago, and C4D does not give me an estimated time of completion and has not saved a single frame. Ive tried it on several machines and all give the same result after more than 5 hours.

My question is, is there some process that is being done even before the first frame is completely rendered.

I am completely perplexed and against a soft deadline.

Return to posts index

Robert Smith
Re: Multi-Pass Render no estimated time of completion
on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:08:57 pm

I think I've figured this issue out. Looks like the I selected 'IR+QMC Camera Animation' and the render times are out of this world.

I've removed that setting and set it for 'Still Image' and now I have normal render times.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:37:49 pm

you can probably speed it up by reducing the settings in the GI interface as well, they are set pretty high by default and it's often not necessary to use that much. Also AO is a GI fake so it might not be a good thing to use it with GI - if you need to use it try reducing it's settings as well and if you are using scene-wide AO can you use material channel AO instead for the places you really need it?

Return to posts index

Robert Smith
on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:44:43 pm

Thanks Brian,
AO is a fake GI? This intrigues me. I wish I wouldve rendered with no AO to ensure that it still gives me the look I need but I'm about 50 frames in, on a 153 frame render. But just for kicks I will try it again when it's done. I will also tinker with the GI settings. Thanks again Brian.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]