MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Matching points on two separate objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Cook
Matching points on two separate objects
on Mar 9, 2012 at 4:15:01 pm

I have two objects, one of which is a copy of the other. They have irregular surfaces, and many points. I've moved object B over in the X direction so it's left side lines up with object A's right side (looking down in the Top view). What I want to do is match the points on object A's right side with the points on object B's left side so that they match up and it looks like one object without a seam. I want to be able to hide object B later and have only object A showing. I can do that with a copy of object A, but I still want A and B to look like one object. I've tried the various options in the set point value tool, and it doesn't make the points match up. Is there a way to average points so that two adjacent points will take on the same XYZ coordinates? If I connect the two objects I still have the problem of the adjacent points not matching up (I've tried it). I've linked an image.

seamproblem.jpg

thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Matching points on two separate objects
on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:40:17 pm

the Stitch and Sew tool can do that, it won't average the edges but it will take one edge to the other

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Mar 10, 2012 at 12:03:13 am

It can average the edges, depending on which modifier key you use. If you hold down control it'll weld the selected edges to a middle edge. Shift will create a ring of polgons between. The modifier info. appears in the info. line when you select the tool, so (thankfully) you don't have to memorize them.

Return to posts index

Jack Cook
on Mar 12, 2012 at 7:43:40 pm

Thanks Brian and Adam, the stitch & sew tool did the job. I found it worked best in Edges mode, with the edges selected.

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]