MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4d and AE framerates not matching

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett CelinskiC4d and AE framerates not matching
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 12:49:11 am

I have a scene in C4d that was made to work to remapped AE footage. I imported the AE footage into c4d and made it an animated texture just to use as a reference to adjust the c4d animation's keyframes to. The resulting c4d animation appears to be 4 frames faster than the rest of the AE comp. Everything in AE is 23.976 frames. C4d doesn't let me set the project setting time to this correct value and only gives 23, as i set the framerate in the material settings in the animation window for the texture. However even when I set these correctly and interpret the footage the sync is way off.

It seems that the timing in the animated texture (the ae footage) isn't being set correctly in the c4d settings and so the whole render is off.

I think the issue is that I have not set it to 'Exact Frame' in the animation settings. The problem is I need it to be on "range" because the animation in question starts at a certain frame. When I place it on 'range' it renders faster than the original yet I cannot figure out what to make the 'correct' range frame for the footage to stop on to sync it with the AE footage framerate.

My c4d timeline is from frame 45 to 232 in 23 fps.

In AE, the beginning frame for the footage I use in c4d is 02476 and ends at 02711 at 23.976 fps. This is edited footage so that is why I assume the first frame does not say 0000.

The entire sequence is about 8 seconds long.

Return to posts index

Brett CelinskiRe: C4d and AE framerates not matching
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:22:05 am

Here was my solution for this:

In the timeline hit alt+a, go to View > Goto Main Level. Select the keys in the 'Summary' portion at the top and move them to the beginning of the timeline. Then choose "Exact Frame" for your animation in the material menu (clicking on the texture drop down for the material).

Return to posts index

Tommy DimmelRe: C4d and AE framerates not matching
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 8:03:21 pm

I was having the same problem as you, and I believe I was able to fix it...everything seems to be working fine for now. However, I wasn't able to find this "exact frame" option you speak of in the material's texture dropdown menu. I'm using Cinema 4D R16.050.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved