MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to clone with Mograph onto MoText in C4D r12?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Lonhes
How to clone with Mograph onto MoText in C4D r12?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 11:49:46 am

Hey there,

Ive been working on a project and I am trying to place water drops over the surface of a letter.

I am trying to put the drops on the surface of the letter by cloning them with MoGraph Cloner.But for whatever the reason they simply wont clone. I add my MoText in the "object" tab and nothing happens.

Here is a screenshot to show you exactly :P

http://imageshack.us/f/21/problemuw.png/

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: How to clone with Mograph onto MoText in C4D r12?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 4:01:35 pm

Seems to be an odd limitation, but you can get around it by putting the Motext in a connect object and cloning onto the connect object.

Return to posts index

Don Lonhes
on Mar 3, 2012 at 4:28:07 pm

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it didn't work since I did not have anything to connect it with.

I made another copy of my MoText and connected them but after that the newly object was... well nothing... it was like a null. I couldn't see it in the viewport.
I tried connecting the MoText with a cube and other primitives but it didn't work again.

Do you have an idea how I can connect it so I can actually see it?

EDIT : I managed to fix it. I made it a child of a Connect Object. Thank you for the help. :)

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Mar 3, 2012 at 5:18:54 pm

The connect object can work with a single object. In that case, one of the things it does is convert a parametric object -- like motext -- to simple geometry. That allows you to clone on it.

Upon further investigation, however, I find that cloning on the connect object doesn't work if the motext itself is animated through mograph. For some reason it doesn't refresh in the viewport or render.

But there's, ahem, a workaround for the workaround. You can place matrix object particles on the connect object and then use an inheritance effector to put the clones onto the matrix object ... and thus the motext. Seems quite slow, however.

Example: 3811_cloneonmotext.c4d.zip

You might be better off just making the text editable and putting it in a fracture object, but I haven't tested that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]