MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3d character modeling and animations

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adeeb oberoi
3d character modeling and animations
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:04:37 pm

I need to model and animate a 3d cartoon character. The character is pretty simple but it needs to be really good because its for a local TV commercial.

I work a lot with freelancers to help me on these kind of productions.

I was wandering which program to use. I am a 3d studio max guy but I know that c4d and maya are more used for characters.

reason for asking, sometimes I need to involve extra freelancers and I need to use a program that is used by many animators, in other words, it will be easier to find animators. With 3d Max I have found that there are not a lot of freelance character animators out there.

So keeping this in mind and that the budget is not super, which program would be best to start using.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: 3d character modeling and animations
on Feb 29, 2012 at 10:10:31 pm

Cinema 4D has very good character animation tools, but they've only gotten really good in the last 3-4 years. Maya, OTOH, has had a mature character animation toolset for eons. Consequently, while the number of C4D CA guys is growing, I think you'll probably find more Maya operators who are into character animation.

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoi
on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:02:37 pm

Thank you, thats interesting, so is it correct to say then that MAYA is kinda the industry standard for 3d character animation?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:50:49 am

Yes, I think that's probably a fair statement.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]