MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

why do my XRefs regularly turn pink?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay ingles
why do my XRefs regularly turn pink?
on Feb 28, 2012 at 5:39:45 pm

I haven' run into this before but hopefully someone can help.

All my XRefs regularly turn pink. As well they don't update upon clicking "reload" even if i just repointed them to the reference file.

Could it be that I am making instances of Xrefs?

My files are stored locally in my Users/Docs/Folder etc.
thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: why do my XRefs regularly turn pink?
on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:56:23 pm

the lily pad had a pink one and it was referencing the other xref (not a file like it should). Do a copy and paste instead.

Return to posts index

jay ingles
on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:20:05 pm

Thanks Brian,
I'll take a look at that this weekend. I believed it was referencing a file called "XRef-blahblah.c4d" but not another xref but guess i was wrong.

I've begun to use Instance objects on XRefs instead of Option-Dragging them. Hopefully that will resolve things.

Return to posts index

jay ingles
on Mar 2, 2012 at 4:26:10 pm

Thanks Brian.

I've double checked and the XRef is pointing to a project file. Dont be thrown off by the fact i've called my file "XRef-_____.c4d".

I'm running into it again and have noticed the XRef object location has been shortened to "../Elements/XXXXX.c4d" versus the full path. I dont think this is the issue but am mentioning it just incase.

Both were normal today and then in the last 20 minutes went pink. Upon repointing at the original C4D file sometimes they stay pink, sometimes they restore.

Any thoughts on this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]