MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoDynamics tutorial funkiness

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim ScottMoDynamics tutorial funkiness
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 11:45:14 pm

I am new to Cinema 4D and am working through the Collisions with MoDynamics tutorial in the Help files, which is basically a stack of Jenga blocks which are impacted by a rolling ball, sending the blocks scattering upwards and outwards. Everything was working fine at first, but then an anomaly appeared. Playing through the animation I noticed that two of the blocks on different vertical levels were not moving at all, as if they were ignoring the impacts that were occurring all around them. They basically hovered in mid-air in their original starting positions as the other blocks scattered and bounced. At any point in the animation I could stop and render a frame and the blocks were rendered exactly as they appeared in the view window at that frame -- still hovering. But if I rendered out the entire animation as a movie everything worked properly, with those two offending blocks reacting as expected with all the others. After quitting and restarting Cinema 4D I found that everything was back to normal with all of the blocks reacting properly.

The question I have is this. It seems there was some offending code or memory glitch that was purged by restarting, and I was wondering if there is a "purge" command, or something like it, within the program to do so without restarting?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: MoDynamics tutorial funkiness
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 4:43:16 am

No purge command that I'm aware of.

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: MoDynamics tutorial funkiness
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:11:13 pm

Thanks Adam.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved