MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Funky Loft Nurbs

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George DavisFunky Loft Nurbs
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 4:03:56 pm

(I think I misposted this yesterday. it became a "proile post." Hopefully this isn't reposting to the correct place. Sorry if it does, though this version has been modified)

I'm having a problem using a loft nurbs object to join two splines imported from Adobe Illustrator. It seems to be some kind of point mapping issue, or something.

Instead of forming a smooth transition from one shape to the other, the objects form a distorted, deformed mess between them, randomly linoing points along both splines. Why?

Any ideas?

Here are the c4d and si files associated with the project.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Funky Loft Nurbs
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 6:29:41 pm

The problem is that you have different first points for your splines. If you select them in points mode, you'll see that they run from blue (start) to white (end). You can fix the problem by choosing the corresponding first point on the second spline and running Mesh>Spline>Set First Point. If the direction is reversed you can then run the "Reverse Sequence" command.

Return to posts index

George DavisRe: Funky Loft Nurbs
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 11:32:19 pm

Thank you guys, so much. I never would have remembered that about spline, ever. I was looking all over the place trying to figure out how to create relationships between the points of two objects, line in Flash. You have saved me so much worthless research.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved