MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoGraph Multi-Shader Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MacenroyMoGraph Multi-Shader Problem
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:19:03 am

Hi there,
Im desperately trying to figure out a problem that occured in a current c4d project of mine.
I used the MoGraph Multi-Shader on a Cloner in combination with a Random Effector to create a Videowall showing different Videos and everything works fine to that point. However I need to rounden the edges of a that cloner object so that it matches the outline of a logo. I did that with a boole object that I used on the Cloner but as soon as I do that the Video wall only plays one single video.

I attached 2 pictures of my problem to show you a little bit better.

I hope you can help me.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: MoGraph Multi-Shader Problem
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:25:49 am

The pictures are too small to see what's going on, but I don't think that what's you're trying to do is going to work. The boolean is a generator object, meaning that it generates new geometry from two objects. The resulting geometry doesn't have the mograph information that the multishader requires.

Only workaround I can think of would be to make the boolean editable and put all of the resulting objects into a cloner.

Return to posts index

John MacenroyRe: MoGraph Multi-Shader Problem
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 9:40:47 am

Thanks for your explanation of the boolean object generator, always grateful for your help here. I guess I just have to work around it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved