MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3D elements incorporated in video.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Roughan
3D elements incorporated in video.
on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:47:27 am

Hi all, yet another (maybe) dumb question...
I am trying to figure out the best way to get elements from cinema into footage. I have the foundrys camera tracker. So I track my footage, use the plug-in to get the project into Cinema, and place a 3d object in the scene. So far so good. But how do I get it looking realistic? How do I match a shadow on the surface, or get a reflection? I tried a plane, with the same material that I have on the background, with camera mapping and AO in the diffusion channel, but it never matches the BG. Its always a bit darker for instance. Basically, I want to know how to sit an object on an invisible plane, but still get shadow, reflection etc.
Thanks in advance
Simon

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: 3D elements incorporated in video.
on Feb 22, 2012 at 3:29:23 am

For shadows, basically what you do is insert a a plane, or ground plane, assign it the same video as the background, and set the texture tag to us frontal mapping. Then assign the plane a compositing tag and check the tag's "compositing background" box.

Reflections are trickier. In production they often shoot a spherical HDR pano of the scene to use for IBL and reflections. If you don't have that luxury you basically just have to fake it. Perhaps you can find an HDRI that's similar to your footage. That can work if the reflections are subtle and/or blurred.

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Feb 22, 2012 at 9:53:18 am

HI Adam, thanks for your reply.
I tried what you sugested, but still, the plane is darker than the background.

Do you know what Im doing wroung here?
Thanks again
Simon

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:11:28 am

You don't seem to have a compositing tag ont he plane.

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:51:44 am

Thats the ticket!
Once again, thanks heaps mate!
Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]