MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph: can random effector strength affect clones at different speeds/times?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin DazetMograph: can random effector strength affect clones at different speeds/times?
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 7:19:56 am

Hi all. I have a cloner object with a random effector applied to it to affect the clones' position. I've keyframed the effector's strength to gradually reduce the position randomness to 0%.

What I'd like to achieve is for the clones to reach their resting points (where they're not being affected by the random effector anymore) at varying times or at faster or slower rates, to give the animation a more organic feel.

Is there some way I can do this?

I suppose a cheat would be to split my clones into several cloner objects that all have their own random effectors applied to them. I think this could achieve what I'm looking for, but I'd have to figure out a way to have each cloner object only display every third or every fourth clone.

Any input would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Mograph: can random effector strength affect clones at different speeds/times?
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 2:54:31 pm

You could use a delay effector, or a series of delay effectors with falloff. Or, you could use a random effector set to affect weight only that modifies the effect of the delay effector. Here's an exaggerated example of that: 3727_randomweight.c4d.zip

Looks better if you set the Random.Weight effector's Effector>Min setting to 0.

Return to posts index

Kevin DazetRe: Mograph: can random effector strength affect clones at different speeds/times?
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 5:10:00 pm

Beautiful. That does pretty much exactly what I wanted! I may experiment with falloff as well, but this is definitely the effect I was looking for. Thanks, Adam!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]