MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texturing a plane with keyed footage

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma O'NeillTexturing a plane with keyed footage
by on Feb 16, 2012 at 4:43:50 am

Hey everyone,

So this is a pretty simple problem, and I've searched everywhere but cannot find a clear answer.

All I want to do is texture a plane with a three second clip of two people against a green screen (I took the footage into AE and keyed out the background). I then want to animate a clear piece of glass moving over it & seeing the footage be "warped" by the glass, then take that render into another AE file to compose it.

I tried texturing the plane with a .mov (animation codec) and everything was great (keyed, proper proportions) but I keep seeing the frames overlaying each other. I also tried a .png sequence but couldn't figure out how to make it import the sequence and not just one frame. If I could get some clear, simple steps on how to take the footage into C4D & have it behave properly this would be a lifesaver.

I am using AE CS5 and C4D 11.5. I have C4D 12 at work and can use that if that's my problem.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Texturing a plane with keyed footage
by on Feb 16, 2012 at 5:08:49 am

Load the first .png file in the sequence into your texture channel, then click on the resulting file path that appears next to Texture.... >

That will bring up another dialogue and you should see a tab labeled "Animation" at the top right. Click on that tab. Then click the calculate button in the resulting dialogue. If it worked you should see a number entered in the "Movie End Frame" box.

If you want to see the animated texture playing in the viewport, go to the material's editor tab and check the "Animate Preview" box.

Return to posts index

Emma O'NeillRe: Texturing a plane with keyed footage
by on Feb 16, 2012 at 5:25:02 am

Hey thanks! That worked perfectly and was so easy too..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved