MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shader effector problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig whit
Shader effector problem
on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:56:58 pm

Strange...

I have a bitmap texture, flat mapped onto a grid clone, fit to object, no problems as expected...

When I move the texture onto the shader effector, it's no longer visible, but it is picking up color values from the bitmap and applying just color to the clones.

I've done this before without any issues, has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks,
Craig

craig whitaker
vfx – mograph
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4117151/

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Shader effector problem
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:42:36 pm

That is all that the shader effector can do -- apply a single color value to each clone. What are you trying to accomplish?

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Feb 16, 2012 at 2:16:03 am

I don't understand the problem... This is how it should work. If not, lemme know and post a project file!

Return to posts index

craig whit
on Feb 16, 2012 at 5:14:08 pm

Hey guys,

What I need to do is flat project a show logo onto the front of a wall of cubes, it needs to appear on only the front face. The remainder of the cube needs to be one of three colors (red, green, yellow)

Right now, the red/white check pattern is only in place to check the "Fix Texture" setting, and as you can see, certain cubes are working and others are stretching the texture around the sides.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
Craig

craig whitaker
vfx – mograph
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4117151/

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:38:30 pm

Try this:

1. Turn off the cloner and create materials and selection tags for the sides of your cube ... but not the front;

2. Drop the texture with the bitmap on the cloner and adjust the UVs so it fits;

3. Drag the texture tags, but not the selection tags, from the cube onto the cloner. They must be to the right of the bitmap texture tag;

4. Set the cloner's fix texture parameter to straight.

That should do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]