MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Particles on ground jump when a large object hits

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Vander PlasParticles on ground jump when a large object hits
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:01:37 pm

I'm trying to create the effect I've seen in an older Maxon demo. An object drops down on a floor covered in little particles. When it hits, the particles around it bounce into the air as if the ground was sort of bouncing. I simulated this by animating an invisible sphere popping out from under the ground just when the big object hits, but it's not quite right. Any ideas or tutorials people know of?

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: Particles on ground jump when a large object hits
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 8:24:11 pm

Can you link a clip?

Return to posts index

Nate Vander PlasRe: Particles on ground jump when a large object hits
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:47:35 pm

I couldn't for the life of me find the video I was thinking of. Used to be on the Maxon site, but this video has a similar thing happen at 1:47

The one cube jumps and the others react to the impact in a sort of wave-like pattern.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:26:52 pm

I don't know, you can create it in a lot of ways. You can have a cloner object clone a cube in a grid array on a plane with a rigid body tag. Then add wind with a turbulence field and spherical falloff from the place where the cube bounced.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Particles on ground jump when a large object hits
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:36:45 pm

Yep, or you could actually animated the ground plane, or you could animate the dynamics>on and initial velocity of the cloner's dyanimics tab. Or you could get really fancy and use some Xpresso, either with Dynamics or a combination of dynamics and Thinking Particles.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 16, 2012 at 2:06:54 am

Bottom line, cinema has endless capabilities. Don't worry about how to create something you've already seen. Get in there, mess around, and create something else.

Return to posts index

Nate Vander PlasRe: Particles on ground jump when a large object hits
by on Feb 16, 2012 at 5:00:44 pm

Thanks for the help. I'm not actually trying to recreate that video- just a similar effect with particles instead of cubes. I'm not capable of using Xpresso for that kind of thing yet, so maybe I'll just stick with what I have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]