MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to convert cube into a mograph object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al-Reyan AnsariHow to convert cube into a mograph object?
by on Feb 12, 2012 at 4:55:32 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to figure out how to convert a cube into mograph object?
I want to make buildings that will grow from origin to top. I can make it with squash and stretch but I want the particles to come from random directions to make building grow. I have seen mograph text tutorials how they make the text reveal and I want to do same with a cube. If anyone know how to do that then please please let me know. Its for my major project which is due next week. Thanks in anticipation.

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: How to convert cube into a mograph object?
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:02:08 am

If your talking about a building "like(simple)" structure that is just made with cubes. You could just use a cloner set to object mode then using a simple building model you could tell it to use the shape of the buildings, vertex points, surface, etc... and have then have the cubes form that shape. Then using effectors you could have it build on in any way you like.

If your talking about a more complex object you may want to look into building it with thinking particles. You might be able to use a fracture object to break it apart and then build it together too. Or you could try the polygon unfolding technique.

There are a number a way to go about it you may be able to show it falling apart and then in either c4d or after effects time remap it and reverse it. The voxel preset & particle dissolve look good for that. Although time remapping in c4d can be a pain some times - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved