MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Lots of points, lots of splines... and xpresso

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Smith
Lots of points, lots of splines... and xpresso
on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:41:01 am

Hey all-

I have a comp of 82 different points. From each point, I need to grow a spline to each of the other 81 points. I believe this equals something over 6700 individual splines so I would prefer not to do it manually if at all possible (copying and pasting position coordinates.) I know my way around xpresso a bit and I think the solution lies there. However, my experiments have not come up with anything that works.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

randy johnson
Re: Lots of points, lots of splines... and xpresso
on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:33:21 am

I think you are going to need to script that. You could create several (80) levels and use a cloner but it sounds like you need something closer to what say IVY GROWER plug in does....
/Randy

Return to posts index

Brian Smith
on Feb 10, 2012 at 5:10:21 pm

Randy- I was afraid of that. I was sitting at home last night thinking about it, I started to realize that the solution was probably in Python. Either that or processing... something I have no idea how to do.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:59:21 pm

maybe UberTracer (http://www.genemagtoto.com/c4dplugins/) will do what you want. There are some demo scenes on this thread - http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/topic/55657-ubertracer-plugin-free-r11-r115-r12/

- Limit Distance is on by default and Max Line Length will make it look like it's not working if things are too far apart

Return to posts index

Brian Smith
on Feb 10, 2012 at 5:12:02 pm

Brian-

Thanks for this! I've never heard of this, but it's great. I made something similar to this yesterday with Xpresso, but the time it took to replicate everything was not awesome. Since this is a short turn around, this is probably the solution I'll use.

Thanks for your help!
-BS

Return to posts index

Brian Smith
on Feb 10, 2012 at 5:16:43 pm

Correction.... I just opened started playing with it and realized this just shaved probably a whole day of work off. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. You just saved my bacon!

Thanks a million!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]