MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Baked Textures - C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie BartlettBaked Textures - C4D
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:41:27 am

Hello wanted to get some advice on best practice (I am two weeks into learning this so please bear with me)

I have (for days) now tried to bake textures for a model and normally I wouldn't have to do this but it's for a specific project that I am exporting via Collada 1.4 so I need to replace textures in the Color channel.

However, I am getting a grainy mess for the bake and have tried multiple areas/combinations to resolve it so wonder if anybody had some best practice in case I am missing something v.obvious. Shadow map is fine, but it's the bake on the Surface Color +/ or Illumination that is flawed.

Things I have tried to resolve it in the various combinations:

Texture used - Sampling tried both SAT and MIP (Sat for Flooring) - no avail
Set a Blur Offset to 20% for Floor - no avail
Texture Size increased from 1024 x 1024 to 4096 to 4096 (not ideal and not enough of a fix - marginally better)

Bake Tag

Optimal Mapping - set to Cubic and not - no avail
Format Tiff and PSD - no avail
Color Depth, tried 8 and 16 - no avail
Size 1024 up to 4096 again and matched the texture - no avail
SuperSampling 0 through to 10! (ouch on timing)
Pixel Border 1 through to 6 - no avail

First used Cubic 2 and and set a new layer for the map - then applied texture per my UVW map etc - no avail.
I then tried some various options including LSCM for relax and then setting Optimal Cubic Mapping to match in the Bake Tag on that occasion.

Then manually unmapped myself - no avail.

My scene only has Environment (physical sky and Sun) defaults - could it be lighting (my renders are perfect in application and I know the GI aspect with baker doesn't work)

I have watched every tutorial I can find but as yet nothing to pinpont where I am going wrong so hoping you guys can give me some pointers. Thanks :)

Return to posts index

Stephen WicklundRe: Baked Textures - C4D
by on Feb 16, 2013 at 12:00:20 am

I have exactly the same problem. And apparently this guy does too: ""

No solutions I've found yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved