MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Adding Step Effector to Cloned Joint Chain?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen turcotte
Adding Step Effector to Cloned Joint Chain?
on Feb 3, 2012 at 10:44:43 pm

I have a model flower that's composed of one Joint Chain that has been combined with a model petal, allowing it to open and close. I've nested my petal into a Cloner object- which has given me radial array of petals, making my flower.

I'd like to use a Step Effector to do a time offset, allowing each petal to open slightly after the next, but I haven't had any luck. I've attached the effector to the Cloner and the most I've been able to do is offset the Position, Scale, and Rotation.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
Re: Adding Step Effector to Cloned Joint Chain?
on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:30:44 pm

This is what I have for a set up:

It seems that since I have used an Xpresso tag to control the joints rotation, I no longer have the ability to offset the time with the Step Effector.

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:31:42 pm

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:13:51 am

Mike the Monkey's Joint Chain xpresso, yes? The problem is you can delay animation with the step effector (as long as Fix Clone is unchecked in the cloner) but that applies to normal parameter animation not animation done via xpresso - so what happens is the xpresso animation all goes at the same time no matter what. If you dump the xpresso entirely and select all the joints at the same time (what the expresso was doing) and change (and keyframe) some values - in this case probably R.P - your Step effector will work.

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:38:04 pm

Thanks Brian,

Yes, The Monkey- a great video, lots of helpful info.

I agree, without Xpresso is probably the best way to go for something like this. I'm only trying to expand on my Xpresso knowledge, but I suppose in some cases it can complicate a simple task such as this.

Thanks so much/ I appreciate all of your input.

Best,

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]