MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texturing the front of a sweep nurbs

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Standley
Texturing the front of a sweep nurbs
on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:57:08 pm

Clients' logo is made up a a series of S's in a circle.
I've made a path from the logo outline, then a spline for it to travel along and put these in a sweep nubs. I've animated the end point of the sweep nurbs and the whole thing animates nice - the logo shape making a nice 'tube' as it comes towards the camera.
Now I want to put the logo on the face of the sweep nurbs and for the colours to stretch down along the 'tube'.
But the texture won't go flat on the front of the sweep nurb.
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Texturing the front of a sweep nurbs
on Feb 2, 2012 at 5:32:55 pm

One idea would be to take your client's logo in vector format and use an Extrude Nurb to give it depth (don't forget to give it subdivisions!), color it (you may need to add a stick texture tag) and then bend it along the spline with a spline wrap deformer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Texturing the front of a sweep nurbs
on Feb 2, 2012 at 11:30:35 pm

You can flat map the logo to the front cap of the extrusion by placing the material on the extrude nurbs object and entering C1 in the texture tag's "Selection" box. Then apply another material to cover the extrusion. For the latter you'll probably need to use a gradient to approximate the look of the logo blending through the length of the extrusion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]