MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Solid appears in the wrong position when exporting to AE

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanySolid appears in the wrong position when exporting to AE
by on Jan 31, 2012 at 10:43:24 pm

I'm trying to import an .aec file in After Effects, but every time I export it and place the comp in After Effects, the one solid that is generated from the external compositing tag is in the wrong position. I mean it is where it is supposed to be, but the rotation parameters are all wrong and the solid is facing down or up instead of looking at the camera as I set it up, plus there's some keyframes created both in the rotation values as the orientation ones. Back in Cinema 4D I didn't animate the plane in any way, it just sits there.

I tried importing a solid and a null object and in both cases it comes into AE rotated in more than one axis.
Please see attached.

Any idea what could I be doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Solid appears in the wrong position when exporting to AE
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 4:34:22 am

Looking at your screen shots, you can see that the solid axis is the same in Cinema and AE, but in AE solids have the Z axis facing out (normal direction). Create your Cinema planes with the same axis alignment and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Solid appears in the wrong position when exporting to AE
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:50:39 am

You mean flip the direction from -z to +z on the plane or vice versa? I tried that already but all i got was the same position but with the blue arrow facing down.

The must puzzling of it all its that the plane is standing vertically on C4D, but the solid lies horizontally on AE.

if this is not what you mean, could you explain a little more in detail what you mean by creating my planes with the same axis alignment?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]