MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Live Footage With C4D Object Issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Dent
Live Footage With C4D Object Issue
on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:22:07 am

Forgive me if there is a simple solution to this that I'm overlooking. But pretty much what I'm having problems with is that when I composite a C4D object with live footage in C4D, the animation is MUCH sharper than the footage. What would be the best way to go about making the C4D object "less sharp" so to speak? Thank you!

-Ryan

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Live Footage With C4D Object Issue
on Jan 31, 2012 at 5:09:46 pm

What are your antialiasing settings in your render?

Also, what compositing app are you using? I would soften it in there. There was a chroma subsampling plugin/preset for After Effects that was being talked about recently that seemed to help quite a bit in adding realism. You'll also want to (possibly) blur it a bit and definitely match the grain of your footage.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ryan Dent
on Jan 31, 2012 at 6:06:52 pm

Hey thanks for the response Michael.

I tracked some footage using Boujoi, exported the camera solve, and was doing the compositing directly in Cinema. Using floor objects, backgrounds, etc. Is there a way to do those kind of tweaks in Cinema though? Because I would typically do them in After Effects, but I'm exporting from Cinema. Thanks again

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 31, 2012 at 6:21:49 pm

Without seeing an example image...
Other than lowering the saturation of your elements and cranking up the antialiasing, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

There's a reason AE and other compositing apps are out there. C4D, as amazing as it is, really isn't meant for compositing. I would render out your C4D elements by themselves (along with some object buffer passes and other things) and then do your compositing in a compositing app.

Don't forget: C4D integrates beautifully with AE. The AE plugin is spectacular! C4D comes with a really good tutorial for that, so if you've not done it before, check it out.

Here's the chroma subsampling thing I was talking about: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ryan Dent
on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:20:58 pm

Awesome, thanks so much. I'm really not sure why I didn't think of exporting out individual objects in the first place to be quite honest. And I will definately check out the Cinema to AE integration tutorial because I haven't. But thanks again though, I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]