MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to enable Caps in MoText to refract & reflect properly.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don LonhesHow to enable Caps in MoText to refract & reflect properly.
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:10:01 pm

Greetings to all :)

I am new to these forums, but I hope someone might give me a solution.

So here is the thing...The other day I saw a great looking sort of logo on TV and I decided to recreate it using Cinema4D.

Here is a link to what I am trying to recreate

Now I've started working setting up my material and stuff when I came across a problem where the caps of my "b" letter weren't refracting or reflecting.

I'm not quite sure how to explain better my problem rather than give you a screen shot to see what my result looks like.(the idea is to get it as close to the original as possible). So here is the screen shot (infact 2 of them.. one were I rendered and imported into AE and another one in C4D to see how I have setted up my scene)

SS1 : http://imageshack.us/f/651/ss2oe.png/

SS2 : http://imageshack.us/f/853/ss3t.png/

PS: My scene is horrible but I still want to overcome this issue and then move on so please don't criticize it. :)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How to enable Caps in MoText to refract & reflect properly.
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 4:36:11 am

Hard to say for sure without having the scene file, but I would start by turning off specular in your material. You could save a lot of time by doing away with GI, too. It won't add anything to this scene.

Return to posts index

Don LonhesRe: How to enable Caps in MoText to refract & reflect properly.
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 9:54:27 am

Well I can post it for you :)

btw turning off specular didn't help.

Here is a link to my scene file. (its a bit diffrent from what i posted on the screenshots since i changed the BG image with a High-Res one and tweaked the settings some more, I optionally added Bump to try and warp things up a bit but you can turn it off to see how it looks without it)

LINK : http://filebeam.com/1629c5676298b843c76b2ee9f1c94f8e (includes the r12 save-file and the image I used for my background ((also used the same image for the sky material and environment channel))

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: How to enable Caps in MoText to refract & reflect properly.
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 4:17:55 am

try turning off the environment, it is definitely refracting

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:09:15 am

Hmm that dint work either :(

I'm guessing its more to do with the actual scene or MOtext or the way my material is being projected.. cause I do get it working sort of properly on the rounded ings but not on the flat caps ...

PS: If someone has any suggestions please let me know... this project is important for me.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How to enable Caps in MoText to refract & reflect properly.
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 9:49:44 pm

I think your scene is working properly but I suspect that there is more than meets the eye to the image you're trying to match.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2012 at 2:44:27 pm

What do you mean by that :D... or like what do you suggest I should do... I thought i need to somehow deform my caps a bit (like buldge them in or out a bit ... cause after a few tests I found out that deformed geometry (not just plain or straight geometry) will Actually warp or refract light and stuff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]