MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Snapping an Object to Position data of Clones

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Camin
Snapping an Object to Position data of Clones
on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:05:08 am

I've created a simple Cloner Object set-up. Now I want to be able to attach a cube to the position of one of the clones.

I'm stuck. So far I've added an Xpresso Tag to the Cloner Object. Opened up Xpresso and added a Data node from the menu: New Node-->Motion Graphics-->Motion Objects-->Data.

I dragged my cube into XPresso. I created a Position Out on the Data Node and a Position In on the Cube's node and connected them.

I clicked on the Data Node and in the Attributes Manager there is an Index option in the parameters that I assume would allow me to choose the clone to assign.

Not working. Any help would be appreciated. You can click on my screen grab a few times to get a bigger look if you like. Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Snapping an Object to Position data of Clones
on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:14:26 am

drag the cloner in to the xpresso window and open the Object port on it and link it to the input Object port on the data node (the data needs to know which cloner it's supposed to be listening to)

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:19:49 am

Thanks Brian. We were typing at the same time. ;)

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:19:09 am

Someone helped me figure it out. If anyone else is curious I just dragged in the Cloner Object into Xpresso and created an 'Object' output for it, and connected it to the Data Node's Object input.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]