MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Align the spline; why don't my clones follow my sweep nurbs properly?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Gilmour
Align the spline; why don't my clones follow my sweep nurbs properly?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:04:19 pm

I'm having issues getting cloned objects to align along a sweep nurbs shape. The ultimate goal is to be able to make a somewhat easily editable/replaceable type out of coaster track and doing custom rotation is crazy on this type of project. I have "connecting plates" cloned along the length of the sweep nurb which are supposed to connect the "rails" with the main track tube. However they are rotating along the spline differently than the sweep nurb is. Anybody know how to fix this other than doing a custom rotation on the sweep object?

I attached my scene (Studio R13) and a screen grab of the render currently.

Thanks for any help!

Project File: 3576_coastertypev3.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Align the spline; why don't my clones follow my sweep nurbs properly?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:29:53 pm

the easiest thing to do is to use a Rail Spline, if you copy your coaster spline add it to the Cloner's Rail slot then move the rail spline the clones will point at the rail

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
Re: Align the spline; why don't my clones follow my sweep nurbs properly?
on Jan 25, 2012 at 5:15:24 pm

Awesome! I knew it had something simple like that. i would have preferred to have been able to use the mospline so I would only have to update 1 spline and then it would auto-update thru the whole thing so I could make text easier, but this is good enough! I tried doing the same thing with another mospline but it didn't work as well as using a real spline for some reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]