MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3 Random Quick Questions

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Camin3 Random Quick Questions
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:48:36 pm

1. When I make a Mograph Text object I can't move the axis handles to a different position. Is that just the nature of this Mograph object?

2. When I 'group' an object and make it a child of a null, it puts the axis at 0,0,0. Sometimes this is very far away from where I am working. Is there anyway to instantly give it the child's axis coordinates?

3. Sometimes when I am in "normal" view (F1), and am trying to move an object around, it won't respond to moving in Z space. I click and hold on the blue arrow but it won't move. X & Y are fine. And everything is enabled.

Thanks for reading!

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: 3 Random Quick Questions
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 8:04:38 pm

1. that's the nature of any generated object (the primitive shapes are that too) - you have to make them editable to be able to move the axis - or put it in a Null and move it so the null is where you wanted the axis to be.

2. that's the default behaviour in 13 (using "Group" ALT/Option-G)

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: 3 Random Quick Questions
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:37:53 pm

Sometimes it can be finicky when your camera is stairing directly at it. I find clicking and dragging up and down as opposed to left and right work best.

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: 3 Random Quick Questions
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:37:28 am

Thanks, guys. It's good to confirm this is how the program operates.

@David: Yeah, I'm on version 11 and I can't even move in Z space sometimes regardless if I move my cursor up/down or left/right. I think you are right that it has to do with being too straight on to the camera. When I upgrade it sounds like it will be less annoying. Thanks.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]