1. When I make a Mograph Text object I can't move the axis handles to a different position. Is that just the nature of this Mograph object?
2. When I 'group' an object and make it a child of a null, it puts the axis at 0,0,0. Sometimes this is very far away from where I am working. Is there anyway to instantly give it the child's axis coordinates?
3. Sometimes when I am in "normal" view (F1), and am trying to move an object around, it won't respond to moving in Z space. I click and hold on the blue arrow but it won't move. X & Y are fine. And everything is enabled.
1. that's the nature of any generated object (the primitive shapes are that too) - you have to make them editable to be able to move the axis - or put it in a Null and move it so the null is where you wanted the axis to be.
2. that's the default behaviour in 13 (using "Group" ALT/Option-G)
Thanks, guys. It's good to confirm this is how the program operates.
@David: Yeah, I'm on version 11 and I can't even move in Z space sometimes regardless if I move my cursor up/down or left/right. I think you are right that it has to do with being too straight on to the camera. When I upgrade it sounds like it will be less annoying. Thanks.