MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to make an HDRI file?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin CaminHow to make an HDRI file?
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 3:54:49 am

Hello,

I purchased Greyscalegorilla's HDRI studio kit. He built rig that allows for .hrdi images to be used to light a scene. For some reason I can't use Cinema 4D's .hrd (no 'i' at the end) files in the rig. Anyone know the difference between an .hrdi and a .hdr file?

Also I would like to make my own .hdri files for lighting. Can I create them inside PS? Can anyone point me to a tutorial?

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: How to make an HDRI file?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 7:27:35 pm

Creating HDR images is an art all in its own. Short answer is merge the same image at different exposures inside photoshop its an option from the file menu if I remember right.

Instead making your own this guy has created some packages that should cover your needs.
http://zbyg.deviantart.com/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522

I have not had any issues with the HDR light kit like you state here.... however; you could just load your file into a material in the lum. channel and load that into the light kit that way.

In addition to that you don't need the light kit to do this you can take the Material with luminance channel set it on a SKY object and turn on Global Illumination.... if you want to avoid GI this will still provide you with great reflections.

/Randy

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: How to make an HDRI file?
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:06:13 pm

Thanks, Randy!

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]