MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Worn Edges

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Neesley
Worn Edges
on Jan 9, 2012 at 11:46:20 pm

I'd like to wear the edges of an extrusion. I've found a plugin that supposedly aids but have not been able to successfully use it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? I just want to chip out a few edges to give a worn look, not so perfect.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Worn Edges
on Jan 11, 2012 at 5:34:19 am

the Worn edges plugin here? http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~bwf/worn_edges/

Return to posts index

Andrew Neesley
on Jan 11, 2012 at 7:22:37 am

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I've looked at that. However when I add the download to my plugins folder, I'm getting nothing in the app... I'm using 11.5 and neither versions listed on that link are functioning. It's almost as though C4d isn't recognizing it's there. Have you had any luck using it?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 11, 2012 at 8:45:07 pm

it works in 13 but you can't stress the settings too much or it crashes but it's a 0.3 release no real surprise. Given the changes between 11 and 12 (and 13) it wouldn't be odd if it didn't work in other versions, if it's not showing in the plugins menu after you put it in the plugins folder it must not be compatible.

That's the only one I've seen that will take chunks out, there were some threads on cgtalk that were exploring worn edges in materials so you might want to do a search for "worn edges" there.

Return to posts index

Andrew Neesley
on Jan 11, 2012 at 9:38:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware that the changes between versions were severe enough to break plugins. I should have assumed so.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]