MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Following a falling object with Mograph dynamic?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gareth wood
Following a falling object with Mograph dynamic?
on Jan 5, 2012 at 2:16:57 pm

Hi,

I've created a really nice looking scene in Cinema4D with bullet casings falling in slow motion onto a floor. I used Mograph dynamics to clone just one shell casing and gave it a Rigid Body so it falls and bounces realistically.

The problem I have now is I would like to add some smoke effects coming off the bullet casings (using DPIT Effex). What I need is to track the motion of the falling objects so that the smoke emittor follows their path. I tried adding an Expresso tag to the emitter to follow the Global Position of the bullet but because the actual object is only moving because of it's Rigid Body it won't move along it's path?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Following a falling object with Mograph dynamic?
on Jan 5, 2012 at 3:53:58 pm

you can get the position of each clone in xpresso with the Data node (New Node/Motion Graphics/Data) - another possibility is to use the Tracer effector which can give you a spline following every clone around, if you can use those splines in DPIT that is...

Return to posts index

gareth wood
Re: Following a falling object with Mograph dynamic?
on Jan 6, 2012 at 2:16:22 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've just starting looking into the Tracer Object route so will let you know how I get on. I'm realising there's so much I don't know about Cinema4D.

Kind regards
Gareth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]