MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Ease objects using Mograph

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Zygadlo
Ease objects using Mograph
on Jan 3, 2012 at 4:08:28 pm

Hey everyone,

Could someone lend any suggests on this. The idea is we see a group of text floating pass the camera and they gently settles down on the wall. (Slowing down onto the wall)

The way I have approached it is making one effector: i) Shader; to control the position.
Then in the 'Falloff' tab - I turned on the shape option to 'box', instead of 'infinite' and animate shader from left to right to make the object fall onto the wall. I adjusted the fallout number from '50%' to '100%' to soften the gradient.

With the text (or objects) I placed them into the Fracture and linked it with the shader to take any affect.

The problem I am having is, the objects isn't really floating in softly but it abrupt onto the wall without any easing or slowing down. I have attached a basic mock up of the idea to show what I've done - 3486_boxassemible.c4d.zip

So, have I missed something out?

Thanks,
+Z

Adam Jozef Zygadlo
Motion Graphic Designer

07708 124 915
http://www.jarbrain.com
'Filled with brainy goodness.'

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Ease objects using Mograph
on Jan 3, 2012 at 7:47:32 pm

change the Falloff Function from Linear to Inverse Square or Inverse Cubic or try Spline and draw your own curve.

Return to posts index

Adam Zygadlo
on Jan 4, 2012 at 12:14:50 pm

Hey Brian,

Cheers for that, it did the trick and looks so much better now! I thought there's a option for the desire look! :^)

Thanks for your time and Happy New Year!

+Z

Adam Jozef Zygadlo
Motion Graphic Designer

07708 124 915
http://www.jarbrain.com
'Filled with brainy goodness.'

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:56:00 pm

You might also try adding a Delay Effector, which (in blend mode) adds a sort of automatic ease-in/out to mograph animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]