MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4d changing texture with mograph

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austen PlummerC4d changing texture with mograph
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 4:48:49 am

Hi All,
i'm in the process of creating an infographic in c4d & ae. In a specific section of the animation, i've used the mograph cloner to produce 30 clones of a box a specified distance apart and these 'clones' will appear incrementally over a specified time. I need to be able to give each of these 'clones' their own individual texture (in this case - they'll be showing an number incremental from 1 - 30).

Can anyone please shed some light on how i may accomplish this.

I'm sorry if i've missed any info that may make this easier.

thanks, Austen.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4d changing texture with mograph
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 3:55:02 pm

You'll need to create a material with the mograph multi shader in the color and/or luminance channel. Load your textures into the shader in order (low to high) and set the multi shader's mode to "index ratio". Then drop the material on your cloner and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

Austen PlummerRe: C4d changing texture with mograph
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:40:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Adam.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting this method to work. I've uv wrapped two objects as one null object, and can't seem to get it to work when the material is applied to a null object. I did manage a work around though by duplicating the null object within the cloner and applying textures individually. Are you aware of a way to get this working as you suggested with null objects? or am i missing something really simple?

Thanks again for the reply.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4d changing texture with mograph
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:53:40 pm

I think it would work if you put the multi shader material on the cloned null instead of putting it on the cloner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]