MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Changing mother board, what should I put on it?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zeno PierreChanging mother board, what should I put on it?
by on Dec 30, 2011 at 4:28:12 pm

Hi, All,

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

I put my 5 year old computer in the shop because it would turn itself off and restart all be itself. The repair man said it was the mother board. But instead of replacing the motherboard with the same old model which is outdated, he suggested that he replace with something more updated.

I wanted to do animations using Cinema 4D with Carrara and Poser. I want to put hardware on the board that can run the software efficiently. I don't think minimum requirements will suffice.

Can anyone tell me what excellent combination of hardware have they experienced that I can put on my mother board?

Thanks and be safe.

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: Changing mother board, what should I put on it?
by on Dec 30, 2011 at 9:24:10 pm

The issue is not about what you "put" on your motherboard that will mean anything. The issue is what hardware you want it to run efficiently. Your motherboard is merely a frame with which your hardware uses to run itself. If you want to run a powerful core along with a powerful video card just find a motherboard which can suitably handle your hardware's needs.

I know I am speaking generally here and I hope you understand my point. If you want to build a dragster you don't build the frame first and then find an engine to match it. You build your engine to handle your power requirements, and then build your frame so as to adequately handle that powerful engine.

I hope this helped in any way!

Return to posts index

Zeno PierreRe: Changing mother board, what should I put on it?
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 5:48:02 pm

I want to thank all the people on the internet that have given me suggestions,

So far, for my PC, it is suggested that I choose Multi-core CPU (Intel QuadCore, Core I7), 4GB+ of RAM, 4GB+ of free Hard Disk space (on the drive hosting the OS), an OpenGL accelerated video board.

Since I decided to include VUE, the most suggested top 3 accelerated video boards have been...
1. nVidia geforce 8800GT ForceWare 190.38 + (3)
2. ATI FirePro V8700 Catalyst 9-3, 9-4 & 9-5
3. nVidia-Quadro 600 & 2000 (GF100 based) which doesn't require a specific driver,

This is all I have thus far.

I'm waiting for someone to jump up and say, "But don't forget to add the __________ to secure a smooth operation when scrubbing the time line!" or something like that.. lol

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved