MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

objects shooting away when made dynamic?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Pascavage
objects shooting away when made dynamic?
on Dec 29, 2011 at 6:18:22 pm

this is odd and i cant seem to refigure it out. when i first got c4d, i did this crazy rube goldberg sorta thing with a sphere rolling down a ramp, then into a sweep nurb which i turned into a tube and it followed this crazy path to an end. i remember giving all the objects dynamics, and turning them off on everything except the sphere. i tinkered with it for a bit to get the aim right, but i dont recall messing with the settings. other than eliminating the gravity via the on/off/ghost switch. now im trying to do a gumball machine, and when i put the sphere into the box with the holes to dispense then hit play, it shoots out at the speed of light completely ignoring the collision dynamics. any help? i have the project if that helps

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: objects shooting away when made dynamic?
on Dec 29, 2011 at 6:44:24 pm

probably you have Shape set to Automatic or Automatic(MoDynamics) you probably need to set it (them) to Static Mesh or Moving Mesh depending on whether the object is moving or not. Depending on shapes this applies to the Rigid objects and the Collider objects

Return to posts index

Thomas Pascavage
Re: objects shooting away when made dynamic?
on Dec 30, 2011 at 4:54:36 am

bingo, thts exactly what was wrong. appreciate it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]