MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

animation/dynamics question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Pascavageanimation/dynamics question
by on Dec 17, 2011 at 6:37:48 pm

i want to make my character walk on a flat surface. is this possible, or do i have to animate it in limbo? i tried adding a dynamics tag to my mesh and a floor, the mesh came off the skeleton.
i added dynamics to all the joints, the skeleton fell thru the floor, and dragged the mesh behind it. i just want it to react to the surroundings, such as the edges of your feet flattening to conform to the floor when you walk, or your hands on a cup.

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: animation/dynamics question
by on Dec 17, 2011 at 11:04:15 pm

If you are in release 13 you can use a walk cycle with the new CMotion tools they have a walk on spline or straight line option.... then you can adjust the walk cycle to your liking... sadly doing more than this is difficult, (At least for me it is)

Other wise you need to hand animate it. There are a lot of helper tips about walking cycles but it really comes down to how good your rig is and how complicated the ground is. You can rig your controllers to "feel the ground" but bending the foot to do so is not really going to happen and if you manage that it will still need step by step adjustment to get an organic feel.

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: animation/dynamics question
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 3:29:01 am

alright thanks. guess its time to upgrade to r13 then

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved