MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Constant Speed Rotation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ciprian DariusConstant Speed Rotation
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 10:59:14 am

Hello guys,

I am having a small brain freeze in cinema4d r13 and I am hoping you guys can help me out.
I have a cube and I want it to rotate, but not the regular "start slow-speed at middle-end slow" kind of rotation done by keyframing, I want to achieve a Constant Speed. I want it to start at a certain speed and continue at that speed forever. The point of doing this is that I want ultimately to make a .GIF file that will loop forever.
If I can also get a suggestion on rotation-speed setting, that would be great. I would want my cube to rotate at the speed I want.

How is this achieved? Xpresso? I am 100% sure this is possible, I just don't know how. I am fairly new to cinema4d and the simplest approach would be best for me.

Regards , Ciprian :)

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Constant Speed Rotation
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:39:11 pm

If you want to keyframe a constant speed F-Curves need to be linear for that. Press spacebar in the timeline to start F curve mode. (looping is called cycling in the time line options.)

To make a loop with expresso you just take a time node and have the output connected to the Rotation of your object to control the speed drop a math node between them.

Time effecter in mograph does the same thing

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Constant Speed Rotation
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:04:17 pm

you can also use Continue After in Timeline Functions/Track After

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Constant Speed Rotation
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 4:08:48 am

Another method, if you have Mograph, is to use a Time effector in deformer mode (set to object).

Return to posts index

Ciprian DariusRe: Constant Speed Rotation
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 10:49:38 am

found a solution

Thank you for suggesting the FCurves randy johnson, that did the trick.

Thank you to all for your help ^^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved