MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

OBJ Imported File renders as Black regardless of material and lighting on it.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ChampeauOBJ Imported File renders as Black regardless of material and lighting on it.
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:47:06 pm

I have had this problem before and couldn't solve it, and now I am having the problem on work for a client and have no idea what the deal is. So I had my modeller build me a shack for a scene I am working on in C4D. He modeled it in Maya and gave it to me as an OBJ with all the Materials. Now I have it loaded scaled and materialized in cinema, but regardless of the material and lighting part of the shacks frame renders as black, I have tried re importing, and tried my R12 release of cinema (I am currently on R13) both the physical and standard renders see it as black...I am stumped. Please see attached picture to see what I am talking about, please let me know if you have any ideas, I need to get this into my scene and rendering by this evening. Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: OBJ Imported File renders as Black regardless of material and lighting on it.
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 9:44:25 pm

A couple possibilities come to mind:

* inverted normals;
* bad normals tag....

Perhaps you could attack a file with just the bad geometry?

In any case, couldn't you just copy the post/beam to the right and replace the bad geometry with it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]