MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Changing Floor Colours Based on the camera position

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon MullinsChanging Floor Colours Based on the camera position
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:23:33 am

Hi,

I'm new to Cinema 4D so this is probably a really simple question but oh well. I'm trying to create an animation on a white floor, but I get different shades of white when I rotate the camera up and down. So for example when I have a birds eye view above the animation I see the floor as white but then when I rotate the camera down to view it from the front the floor appears black, and I get different shades of gray inbetween. How can I change it so I always see the floor as white no matter what angle I am viewing it from.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Changing Floor Colours Based on the camera position
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:46:08 am

In your material you should be using fresnel.
You can change the colors and all that by adjusting the gradient. It is almost always used on reflective surfaces.

https://skitch.com/randy-johnson/gx5ex/material-editor
/randy

Return to posts index

Simon MullinsRe: Changing Floor Colours Based on the camera position
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:07:37 am

Thanks for the reply and the link it really helped. I fixed this by turning on luminance and messing around with the gradients. Now Im wondering is there a way to change it so it becomes dark when I go to a higher angle rather than going darker when I go to a lower angle. I tried changing one side of the gradient to slightly gray but this makes no noticable difference.

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Changing Floor Colours Based on the camera position
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:49:20 am

I was way off when I read your questions the first time... I thought you wanted to change the color.

If you want a solid white that does not get shadows or reflections luminance is the way to go;however the compositing tag will keep things nice and white while accepting shadows and so on
here is a tutorial.
http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2011/01/the-compositing-tag-the-answer-to-...

Another way of dealing with this is your lighting.... adding a sky object with a white lum material on it will help even things out.

/Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]