COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan RAPAPORT
Mograph - changing texture according to a position
on Dec 8, 2011 at 4:03:02 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to achieve something like that but in C4D
http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae50_e.html

A photo mosaic! In fact, I have 350 photos and at the end, I should get a nice logo.
The point is I want to keep the original pictures until a certain distance to their final position.
For example, when the squares arrive near their final position, their texture change gradually to a new one completely different.

Is it possible to do it easily or should I use expresso to do it?

To make the current effect, I'm just using a plane with a random position and a shader effector combined to a random effector to randomize the 350 pictures. (I could also use a big map with the 350 pictures).

Any thoughts? Is it possible?
I found a solution in compositing to do it. I was wondering if there was a way to do it in C4D

Thanks

Dan

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Mograph - changing texture according to a position
on Dec 8, 2011 at 4:53:22 pm

I think you can do it with Mograph alone. You could use the multishader in "average color" mode to create the photo mosaic. That would be one material -- for the final shot. I would use another material (second tag on the cloner) to cover up the mosaic until you want it to appear. That material would have a mograph color shader in the alpha channel. Use a plane effector in color mode to fade out the cover material using appropriate falloff.

Return to posts index

Dan RAPAPORT
on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:04:44 pm

ahhhhh ohhhh
many thanks
going to try right away

I totally forgot I could use something in the alpha channel

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Dan RAPAPORT
on Dec 9, 2011 at 12:00:16 am

that works pretty well except I have a problem with the opacity of the texture. I can see a mix between the 2 textures. I'm going to find out.
Problem is solved if I remove the soft in the alpha but then no more fade out.

Basically, it works well. That's awesome. Now I need to fix my problem and understand was does exactly do the plain effector (and yes I read the manual) ;)

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]