MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I make Laser Beam?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Paciej
How do I make Laser Beam?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:18:01 pm

Hello all,

I want to make a laser beam that will cast intense light onto objects and for the beam to be visible at the very least. Also to reflect off mirrored objects would be great. E.g. a mirror in its path set at 45º should mean the light changes angle by 90º.

I am playing with a narrow beamed spot light using visible light, but this doesn't reflect and continue onwards at 90º.

I also tried volumetric light through a shaped gobo (hole) which has the same problem.

--> So ideally some help on the above would make me happy

BUT for an encore if you can answer this:

In an ideal world to act like a prism comme ça:

...I am aware that the reference may well be live action so perhaps its not possible ;)

Thanks in advance!

Stuart

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: How do I make Laser Beam?
on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:04:51 am

You would have to use caustics to have the light bounce, but I don't think that actually works with volumetric light (can't remember for sure).

Return to posts index

Stuart Paciej
on Dec 9, 2011 at 10:22:43 am

Thanks for replying Adam, I will have a look at caustics, but that word puts fear in me as I seem to remember they take aeons to render and to get right :)

I may also check out this 2.5D plugin which seems to show promise and you / anyone who ends up on this post may find interesting:

http://www.tools4d.com/?page_id=905

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 10, 2011 at 3:45:23 pm

Looks like a cool plugin, but there are lots of ways you could fake the effect -- like using separate visible lights for each "bounce".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]