MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph- How object can pass through 1 rigid body and be stopped at a second

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Loughhead
Mograph- How object can pass through 1 rigid body and be stopped at a second
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:44:46 am

Hi,

Working on a job which involves separating out blood cells.
I have 2 emitters set up, one emitting larger cells, the other emitting smaller cells. I have put a cloner object in each. I want the larger cells to be caught in the first
bowl, allowing the smaller cells to pass through. These smaller cells will then be caught in the second lower bowl.
In reality there will be a series of blocks stopping various cells along a certain distance, demonstrating a filtration system.
I have applied rigid body tags to the 2 bowls but do not know how to set it up so that the smaller cells do not recognize the first bowl as a rigid body.

I am using 11.5 studio.

Got a feeling there is a simple solution to this. Can anybody put me out of my misery- deadline is looming!

Cheers,

Tim

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Mograph- How object can pass through 1 rigid body and be stopped at a second
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:23:44 pm

This sounds like exactly the kind of project for which Thinking Particles is created. You just need to have your various particles in various groups and your filters would only effect the groups that need to be filtered.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]