MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D UVW maps

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Finnan
Cinema 4D UVW maps
on Dec 5, 2011 at 5:42:21 pm

I am new to cinema 4d and I modeled a slot machine and I am trying to place different maps on different objects. When I make the maps in photoshop and save them as a tiff. I get an unwanted backgound when I apply them in C4D. Am I saving them in the wrong format? Please Help

Thanks
Shawn

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
Re: Cinema 4D UVW maps
on Dec 6, 2011 at 4:38:54 am

Can you further explain what you mean by unwanted background, and what you mean exactly by maps.

Return to posts index

Shawn Finnan
on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:21:15 pm

So if I want to put a round label on a wine bottle. I have a photoshop doc with the label and a transparent background. I have saved it as a png,tiff,bmp and when i bring the file into C4D the transparent background becomes a solid color usually white. How do I save out materials so they have a transparent background.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:59:57 pm

You have to activate the alpha channel in your material and load the bitmap into it (in addition to the color channel).

Return to posts index

Shawn Finnan
on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:11:09 pm

got it thank you. One last thing. When making shaders, materials, maps, is there a common size to make the photoshop doc.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:25:15 pm

[Shawn Finnan] "got it thank you. One last thing. When making shaders, materials, maps, is there a common size to make the photoshop doc."

No, it really depends on the size/shape of your object, how close it will be to the camera, and the resolution of the render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]