MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloth not acting like i want it to

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Pascavage
Cloth not acting like i want it to
on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:54:49 pm

i wanna do this rube goldberg sorta thing with pipes and levers and the whole 9, but, when i go for the ball rolling down a thin cloth part, it doesnt work. the ball hits the cloth, then continues falling, stretching the cloth ridiculously unnatural. i fixed the points on the edges, made the plane a cloth, the ball a collider, gave the ball rigid body dynamics, and screwed with every imaginable setting. i googled that this could be fixed by making my stiffness over 100%, but tht simply wont happen for some reason. i enter any number over 100 and it resets to 100. help please?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cloth not acting like i want it to
on Dec 5, 2011 at 5:03:45 pm

Are you using the soft body setting of the dynamics tag to create the cloth, or are you trying to use the separate cloth system?

Return to posts index

Thomas Pascavage
on Dec 5, 2011 at 6:00:09 pm

not as far as im aware. its simple so ill list the steps, maybe you can spot what im doing wrong.

create sphere and plane.
lift sphere above plane.
add cloth tag to plane, highlight edges and fix points.
add collider tag to sphere, add dynamic body tag.
hit play.

ive tried messing with all the settings to see if i couldnt get a different result but no matter what i change i always get the stretch. the only thing i havent been able to try is upping the stiffness above 100, only cuz it wont let me. just keeps dropping back to 100. i even went to try changing user data and maybe up the max, but no such luck

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 5, 2011 at 7:46:35 pm

The problem is that cloth dynamics does not fully interact with the general dynamics system. In other words, the cloth reacts to the sphere, but the sphere does not react to the cloth.

In order to make them work together you would have to use the soft body dynamics from the main dynamics tag instead of the cloth tag.

Return to posts index

Thomas Pascavage
on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:48:14 am

ill give it a shot, thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]