MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Complex Gradients Fast?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Zelman
Complex Gradients Fast?
on Dec 4, 2011 at 3:58:38 am

Is there a fast way in C4D to build complex gradients? Various software like Corel Painter, XenoDream, Apophysis allow building gradients from images, Illustrator and Photoshop have vast collections of prebuild gradients... I wish I could use wealth of pre-existing gradients in C4D. In the mean time I guess I will play with shader effector...

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
Re: Complex Gradients Fast?
on Dec 4, 2011 at 7:02:01 pm

What do you mean "complex gradients?" What would you like to do that you can't do with the gradient selection in textures under color in your material editor?

PS, you can save materials for later if you make one you like,

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
on Dec 5, 2011 at 8:26:02 pm

By complex I mean 50-200 color nodes per gradient. It takes me about 3 seconds to build such gradient in XenoDream and it would take me 5-10 minutes to build it manually in C4D, so I am asking about faster ways to do so.

One way to do it I guess would be to build material with multiple layers in where each of the layers is a relatively simple gradient (10-20 nodes) and then combine them using different blending modes. After initial setup it would be relatively fast to produce new gradient material.

I sense that there may be another way of nesting colorizers, applying different gradient materials with gradients in alpha on top of each other and combining it with moGraph color - so I was hoping that some of you more experienced guys can give me some advice... that's all.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 5, 2011 at 11:07:44 pm

One thing you can do is right-click on the gradient and choose "double knots". Do that a few times and you can get a pretty complex -- though repetitive -- gradient. You can also put a gradient shader inside of a colorizer.

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
on Dec 12, 2011 at 11:23:25 pm

Every little bit helps... thank you.

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Dec 6, 2011 at 12:41:32 am

Sorry man, not sure if there is a way to easily do that. When I create complex textures (with star patterns etc) I make them in Illustrator. Maybe that would help

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
on Dec 12, 2011 at 11:29:35 pm

Thank you... I do use Photoshop and Illustrator a lot and use C4D as if it were very complex Photoshop plugin... but discover that in many respects it is deeper and better designed program than Photoshop... no flame war intended...

Return to posts index

ashik rony
on Dec 6, 2011 at 5:33:08 pm

[url=http://netbd.webs.com/ictdcg7/index.htm/]Freelance Outsourcing, Dhaka College
[/url]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]