MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3D Text interacting with video

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Ashcraft3D Text interacting with video
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 8:19:00 am

Does anyone know of any tuturoials that show you how to take a 3D text object created in CInema 4D and make it interact with a video file like this (

) or basically like you see in shows like Fringe. I know how to create the 3d text and I am proficient in After Effects but I don't know how to blend the two together as 3d text within a video file. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Richard DunstanRe: 3D Text interacting with video
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:13:47 pm

You're going to need 3D tracking software, I highly recommend Foundary's Camera tracker, very cost effective and great results.
there are lots of tuts out there for camera tracker so once you get it just google it,, if you have specific issues then I'm sure we can help you out here.

Happy tracking =)

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: 3D Text interacting with video
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:23:06 pm

Go with the foundry camera tracker for a low end track. I went for PFHoe at first and am not very happy with it.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:40:25 pm

Low end tracker? I don't think so, I got amazing results in no time at all.

pfhoe works too though and it is even cheaper than Foundary. I just prefer the workflow in foundary.

Return to posts index

Justin AshcraftRe: 3D Text interacting with video
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:53:11 pm

Awesome thanks guys. Now just to make sure that I'm on the same page Cinema 4d (any addition) does not come with any type of camera tracking software? What if I want to have the 3d text be stationary in the background and not have the camera fly through the letters? Do I still need the camera tracker?

I am trying to put together a intro title sequence using After Effects, ultimately going to Avid, and I want to be able to place a few 3D text blocks in various Z space locations to create a look similar to the establishing shots used in shows like Heroes, and Smallville.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2011 at 5:30:34 pm

No, Cinema doesn't ship with any native camera tracking capabilities.
if you want 3D objects you will need a camera tracker capable of dealing with 3D solves, with your reference to Heros though, something like that can be done right in after effects as they just tracked flat text into their scenes, either using the internal motion tracker controls or now you could even use Mocha that ships with cs5.

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: 3D Text interacting with video
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 8:05:55 pm

This tutorial shows how to use C4D, mocha & AE.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: 3D Text interacting with video
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 1:50:15 am

Here is a high-end track. - http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk/product.php?productId=PFTrack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]