Random Effector in Cloner bunching up too much

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael GoldbergRandom Effector in Cloner bunching up too much
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:55:52 pm

Hello All,
I have a 2 part mograph question
One:

I love the randomness I can get using mograph cloner, but I'm seeing quite a bit of bunching of images. I know that if I use the same number of images as clones, I can avoid any duplicates, but for most uses, you might have 40 pictures spread out over many more clones.
In the example here, I'm getting duplicates too close to each other, and it becomes too obvious.

I know that since this a random effect, there may be nothing I can do, but can anyone suggest how I can avoid the duplicate images being so clustered?
Two-
Is there a way to find the position of a given clone so that I could replace an image on the clone with a separate plane?

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Random Effector in Cloner bunching up too much
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:53:24 pm

you can always change the random Seed but there is always likely to be some bunching.

Return to posts index

Michael GoldbergRe: Random Effector in Cloner bunching up too much
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:58:39 pm

Yep, Thanks.
I'm guessing not much I'll be able to do other than hit or miss with changing the seed. I'll probably end up replacing some images manually.

Mike

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: Random Effector in Cloner bunching up too much
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:32:23 am

There is a way to add a collider tag and not have any gravity effect it. after frame one, all collided objects bounce off each other and stay in place. I honestly forget how I did it, but I'd mess with that. Just make sure bounce is low so you don't get any unwanted wiggle action.

Return to posts index

Michael GoldbergRe: Random Effector in Cloner bunching up too much
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:41:21 pm

Thanks David,
I'm mostly interested in the overlapping textures (Too many of the same number in close proximity), not the physical overlap of the clones. That is a good suggestion though to avoid the physical overlap of the clone edges.

Mike

Return to posts index

ashik ronyRe: Random Effector in Cloner bunching up too much
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 6:14:19 pm

Yes ,it is bad for eye [url=http://netbd.webs.com/ictdcg7/index.htm/]Freelance Outsourcing, Dhaka College
[/url]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]