MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3D Map

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Majer3D Map
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 8:36:53 pm

Hi, I want to make 3D map (like this one) so I usedthis tutorial.I made paths from normal map in photoshop, exported it to .ai, and then put the whole NULL object with all paths under the Extrude Nurb and check Hierarchical toggle. I got the effect I wanted, but I can't apply textures to the paths - 3D objects I got. Is there any way, how I can put texture on the top of the object ( like this).

Thanks, Martin

EDIT: This is what I have. When I put the path into the NULL object, the texture is only on the sides - picture. Any ideas? I am beginner and I can't figure this out.

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: 3D Map
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:58:55 am

You need to tell the material to be on the CAP of the extrude nurbs.
If you select the material tag on the object, there is a n empty field called " SELECTION" type in C1 or C2 there and see what happens.

In addition to that you may need to change your projection type, flat mapping will most likely be the best you will need to adjust the material to look right.

Another option is to take the splines (paths) that you want to texture into their own extrude nurds and make them editable then you can drop a texture on with out any issue.

Return to posts index

Martin MajerRe: 3D Map
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:41:03 pm

I changed mapping to cubic and selection to C1 and it works. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved