MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

problem with cinema 4d to ae and putting video into 3d scene. i need assistance bad

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Duncombe
problem with cinema 4d to ae and putting video into 3d scene. i need assistance bad
on Nov 29, 2011 at 10:27:09 pm

attached are two rendered scenes. i made 4 screen out of a tube and used slice n them to form a circle for the screens. i want to project sports clips onto these four curved walls. i've added a buffer the the four of them (1,2,3,4) and a external composite tag. but when i go into after effects the matte is not tracked to the 4 curved wall and don't move when the camera rotate. also the 4 solid are not on the walls so i can't replace them with videos. how can i accomplish this task. i need to finish this by tomorrow evening. thanks. also, where can i get some good textures for this scene. thanks

Jay

Return to posts index

Alan Flood
Re: problem with cinema 4d to ae and putting video into 3d scene. i need assistance bad
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:22:55 am

Are you adding in your own camera George or using the one the cinema exports in the .aec file? In order to get everything working correctly you need to check the option to save the compositing project file in the render settings save dialogue and you'll also need to check the option to include 3D data - cameras, lights and nulls or other objects with the external compositing tag applied to them.

When you render Cinema will save an .aec file into the folder where you chose to save your output. It's usually a simple matter then of importing that .aec project into AE and tweaking it to suit your needs.

If you've already done all this then I apologise for posting stuff you already know but it's not clear whether you followed the correct procedure or not. Cinema usually integrates flawlessly with AE. The only thing I can think of that might be wrong here is that you didn't actually export the 3D data that you need.

Return to posts index

George Duncombe
Re: problem with cinema 4d to ae and putting video into 3d scene. i need assistance bad
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:25:55 am

Ok bro. I will try it again and see what happens. I was following a tutorial so I must of miss a step.

Return to posts index

Alan Flood
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:50:54 am

Before you go rendering again, if you haven't changed anything int he scene since you last rendered it you can just slick on the 'save compositing file' button nad just output the compositing file without having to render it all over again. It might be worth your while just to try it first and see and by the way, you'll need to copy the "CINEMA4DAE.aex" exchange plugins file over into your AE plugins directory too so that AE knows how to properly parse the compositing file.

Good luck :)

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:01:53 am

AE is a 2.5D application, meaning that (as I'm sure you know) it can generally only display planes in 3D space -- not curved surfaces like the screens you've set up on Cinema. So there's no direct way to map video onto a curved surface.

The easiest way I can think to do it would be with a plugin like Youveelizer (http://maltaannon.com/articles/after-effects/youveelizer/) or RE:Map (http://www.revisionfx.com/products/remap/).

Or of course you could map the video textures in Cinema....

Return to posts index

George Duncombe
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:27:27 am

ok thanks. i will look them up

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:40:16 pm

You could create curved screens with Forge Freeform which comes free with AE. Getting them into the right position could be a bit tricky, but doable.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]