I've got a nasty problem with animating an attribute of a texture (i.c. the Offset U).
Here's what happens:
I want to make a white area run over an object by animating the Offset U attr. of its texture.
I've done that before and reproduced the same keyframes, values etc. to the new situation.
But . . . no animation happens.
This is what I do:
- In the Timelinemanager I move the slider to frame 100
- In the attr. manager I set the Offset U value to 16 % and ctrl-click on the black circle next to it; it turns to red.
- A keyframe appears on key 100 in the Timeline.
- I move the slider to 200
- In the attr. manager I set the Offset U value to 36 % and ctrl-click on the yellow circle next to it; it turns to red.
- A keyframe appears on key 200 in the Timeline + a nice sloping spline to indicate the moving texture.
- playing the animation ; nothing to be seen.
The strange thing is:
- hovering the mouse above the two keyframes in the Timeline indicates the values 16 and 36 %
- in the attr.manager however, on frame 100, the value of the Offset U is 36 % (the same as on frame 200) and the dot next to it is yellow again.
- apparently the attribute values in the Timeline don't correspond with the ones in the Attr. manager.
I tried to reproduce the same settings as in the earlier project, but there must be something I am overlooking.
Doing exactly the same in a blank document with a simple cube and the same texture > works perfect.
Although it won't help a lot (I guess) I added a screendump.