MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture artifacts in a cloner object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Lorenzo
Texture artifacts in a cloner object
on Nov 29, 2011 at 3:29:16 pm

Hi everybody

I have a problem is driving me nuts. I've set up a cloner object made of 4 different cubes (converted to polygon objects) with 4 different colour textures. The idea is to create a disco dancefloor that illuminates the scene using global illumination. The problem comes when I set the cloner to random and try to animate its seed (so the tiles change its colour over time). I get these strange artifacts you can see in the attached pic, where two textures mix in the same object. Even more oddly, many times the viewer gets a good render, and the problem only appears when I try to render to picture viewer to get the file. I think I've tried everything I can possibly imagine with no results. Any ideas?

Thanks very much

Dani

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Texture artifacts in a cloner object
on Nov 30, 2011 at 1:34:36 am

I'm not seeing anything like that in a quick test. Can you post it?

Return to posts index

Daniel Lorenzo
on Nov 30, 2011 at 10:07:54 am

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a frame where you can see the problem in the original post. If you mean the C4D file, I attach it in this post (It is not the final version but the problem is there too; please note that it appears randomly, sometimes you get a good render and sometimes not. It usually shows up more often when rendering to picture viewer). Many thanks

3342_cupcake0003.c4d20111011160960.c4d20111018185321.c4d20111020000908.c4d....

Dani

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 30, 2011 at 10:37:21 pm

you have too many layers in your Grid Cloner, there should only be one Y copy not 5

Return to posts index

Daniel Lorenzo
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:34:23 am

Wow! I can't believe it was such a stupid mistake. Many thanks for your help, Brian, I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]