MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Moon light

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Szalapski
Moon light
on Nov 25, 2011 at 10:04:50 pm

I've been using C4D for nearly a year, but it's been a bit on and off and I've been having to learn it in the middle of our production environment, so sometimes I feel like there's something obvious that's right in front of me, but I just can't see it. (I'm the only person here with any experience with it...)

When using the sky and having the moon visible, the moon shines a light with a shadow. I don't know how to control the color, light amount, or shadow type of the moon. I know how to make the moon appear larger and how to affect how bright the moon's dark side appears. Adjusting the sun's settings doesn't seem to change anything.

I've found that, if I put a null object in the Custom Moon Object box, the moon stays visible, but the light shuts off. Which lets me use an infinite light source over which I have control. Granted, I have to eyeball the direction of the light source, but that's alright. However, if I put a point light in the moon's custom light source, that turns off the moon's light as well, but the angle is significantly different.

I know that it is highly unlikely for anyone to notice if the angle is wrong or anything, but it bothers me. :P

For the record, I have Cinema 4D R12 Studio. The location of the sky is set for Memphis, TN, USA, North America at 4 in the morning on 13 November, 2011. The sky is also lowered to -112.5 on the y axis. And the moon's scale is set to 1000%.

Is there some setting for the moon that I'm missing? Or is that part of C4D just a bit screwy?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Moon light
on Nov 26, 2011 at 1:47:26 am

if you put a light in the custom Moon Object it uses the light's properties

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 26, 2011 at 2:59:05 am

Yes, I mentioned that in my post, except that the angle of the light changes.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 26, 2011 at 4:42:33 am

ah, sorry, I see that. If you drop the light in it moves it but not to where the moon is exactly. Try turning the clock back 20 minutes and add 1ยบ to Latitude. For where I am (Canada) the seems to get it pretty close. I'm going to put it into support though since it's obviously wrong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]