MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Removing missing plugins from scene

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Kehn
Removing missing plugins from scene
on Nov 25, 2011 at 6:20:47 am

Hello all,

I'm having net render issues stemming from a phantom plugin in my scene.

I didn't personally add any plugins, but there may have been one in a model/scene i merged into the project. Regardless, I don't have any plugins on my system, so I get the following error when I open the project.

Several plugins used in this scene are missing.
Saving may cause loss of plugin data!
Plugin 'Group' (ID 1016210)

It doesn't seem to effect my scene as long as I'm rendering on my machine alone. However, it gets in the way in Net Render (net render won't even begin rendering the scene on any machine).

I don't know of anyway to locate which objects in my scene may be making reference to said plugin. I'm assuming deleting that reference will get me good to go, much like deleting or replacing a missing texture.

Anyone have any tips? I'm desperately trying to get this scene rendering as it's a bit of a beast and want to waste as little time as possible to get it going.

thanks!

Ryan Kehn
Senior Media Designer
Stadium Management Company, LLC
Denver Broncos Football Club
ryan.kehn@broncos.nfl.net

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Removing missing plugins from scene
on Nov 26, 2011 at 4:23:49 pm

I would start by looking in the render settings as some plugins will create a post effect. That can be cleared by removing the effect.

If that doesn't do it I would scroll through the Object Manager and look for any tags or objects that you don't recognize, which may be plugin tags.

Lastly, I'd go through the materials and make sure that there aren't any plugin shaders present.

You might also check the console window to see if there's a message indicating the plugin that's trying to load.

Return to posts index

Jamal Qutub
Re: Removing missing plugins from scene
on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:49:54 am

I believe this error:

Several plugins used in this scene are missing.
Saving may cause loss of plugin data!
Plugin 'Group' (ID 1016210)

Means you may have a Riptide Pro group tag on an object. Sometimes when importing .obj files from a Riptide export have these, just delete the group tags.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]